Childcare Voucher Scheme
The Childcare Voucher Scheme was closed to new entrants in September 2018, but remains in place for existing users. The scheme is a particularly popular tax-free benefit, offering a great way to support working parents by helping each of them to save up to £78 per month.
Whether offered fully online, paper based or a combination of both, Fair Care's scheme is the most flexible on the market. Service levels are second to none, with a dedicated help team on hand to take care of all administration and queries.
Every scheme is personalised to the employer's requirements with all communication and marketing materials individually branded. Participating employees benefit from Fair Care Plus, a wide range of exclusive discounts on childcare related products, as well as access to a 24/7 parental support service.
Why run a childcare voucher scheme?
- Working parents can save up to £78 per month under the Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers can be used for all registered childcare for children up to the age of 15 (16 if the child is disabled). The childcare can be provided by nurseries, childminders, before and after school clubs and holiday clubs.
Benefits to organisations
- Save on national insurance contributions
- Improve engagement and incentivise employed parents
Benefits to employees
- Save up to £933 a year
- Get access to parental support 24/7
How do I pay for the benefit and what are my savings?
The value of the vouchers is conveniently deducted from gross salary on a monthly basis, via a salary sacrifice scheme. Employees benefit from savings in tax and national insurance on the voucher value (32% for a typical base rate taxpayer, 42% for a typical higher rate taxpayer).