Payroll Giving is a flexible scheme which allows anyone who pays UK income tax to give regularly and on a tax free basis to the charities and good causes of their choice.
Payroll Giving donations are deducted before tax so each £1.00 you give will only cost you 80p, and if you're a higher rate tax payer it will only cost you 60p.
Payroll Giving is a valuable, long term source of revenue, providing regular income to help charities budget and plan ahead more effectively. Employees can choose to support any charity of their choice with a regular donation direct from their pay.
The Payroll Giving module can be added to any platform, giving your employees the opportunity to regularly give to their chosen charities.
Why run a Payroll Giving scheme?
- Support charitable cases and support employees in their giving
- Allow employees to donate regularly and automatically, tax-free
Benefits to organisation
- Create a positive workplace by supporting the charitable choices of employees
- Distinguish your company as an establishment that cares for its employees and their interests
Benefits to employees
- Give more for less with tax deductions on your donations
For example, if you are a basic rate taxpayer and you donate £5 per month, the actual deduction from your net pay will only be £4. (If you are a higher rate taxpayer, the deduction from your net pay will only be £3).
Your charity received the full £5, without needing to reclaim the tax themselves.